Immigration

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

My mother became US citizen last month trhought my step father who adopted me 10 years ago. I mostly study in England can I apply for N 600 ? Wouldnt it be a problem that I study in England and most of the time I am there? What documents should I produce for N 600 interview ?

1. Stephen D. Berman

6

Answered . If your step father filed a visa petition for you and you came to the U.S. as a permanent resident, you may be a derivative US citizen. Your mother may also be able to petition you to immigrate. Simply having parents who are U.S. citizens, does not make you a derivative U.S. citizen.

2. Gintare Grigaite

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, and we need more information to determine if you would be eligible for derivative citizenship. So it would be best if you could schedule a private consultation with an experienced immigration attorney.

3. Alice Antonovsky

2

Answered . What is your current status? You can't just automatically apply for Citizenship. I suggest you meet with an immigration attorney, lay out all the facts, produce any relevant immigration documents and get advice as to what your course of action should be. Good Luck.