Immigration

Asked over 1 year ago - Flushing, NY

I have an application to send in to USCIS. Is it okay to staple my cover letter (2 pages), and also staple the supporting documents (Separately). I am told that I am not supposed to staple documents together.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Irene Vaisman

Pro

3

1

Answered . You do not tell us what you are sending - but I typically do not staple things I mail out to CIS. Also, if a medical is involved - you can't staple it or make any holes or marks on the sealed envelope

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

1

Answered . We have never had a problem stapling. Just make sure the particular office you are filing with does not prohibit such.

4. Laura Justine Jacobson

2

1

Answered . In my experience, it is better to paper clip documents. USCIS offices have said this makes it easier for them to process the application, as they have to scan all the documents.