Immigration

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

my parent fillied a pettion for me in 1995 and again in 2008 Because of my age i had to pettion again, i will like to know what year are iimigration working on at this time thanks ...

1. Alice Antonovsky

3

Answered . Not sure why your parents filed for you again. Even if you age out, your petition is still valid and priority date is kept. I suggest you contact an immigration attorney who will be able to review your documents and clarify everything for you. In the alternative, you can visit travel.state.gov and review the current visa bulletin for processing times. Good luck.

2. Laura Justine Jacobson

3

Answered . You can look at the Visa Bulletin on the website www.state.gov, which will show you what date they're currently working on. If your parents are US citizens, you'll be in the F3 category. If they're residents and you're older than 21 as it sounds, you'll be in the F2B category. If your parents filed for you twice, there's a chance you can keep the priority date from the first petition in 1995. If you haven't already figured that out, you should talk to an immigration lawyer to see if they can help you speed up your process that way.

3. Harry Asatrian

Answered . In these types of matters, it is best to present all of the documents to an experienced immigration attorney and discuss specific issues related to your entry into the U.S., any violation of the immigration laws, eligibility, etc. By doing this, you'll protect yourself from possible issues such as, ineligibility, inadmissibility or even deportation. "An excess of caution does no harm." Good luck.

4. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . See link below