Skip to main content


New York, NY |

my parent fillied a pettion for me in 1995 and again in 2008 Because of my age i had to pettion again, i will like to know what year are iimigration working on at this time thanks ...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can look at the Visa Bulletin on the website, which will show you what date they're currently working on. If your parents are US citizens, you'll be in the F3 category. If they're residents and you're older than 21 as it sounds, you'll be in the F2B category. If your parents filed for you twice, there's a chance you can keep the priority date from the first petition in 1995. If you haven't already figured that out, you should talk to an immigration lawyer to see if they can help you speed up your process that way.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.


Not sure why your parents filed for you again. Even if you age out, your petition is still valid and priority date is kept. I suggest you contact an immigration attorney who will be able to review your documents and clarify everything for you. In the alternative, you can visit and review the current visa bulletin for processing times. Good luck.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.


See link below

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


In these types of matters, it is best to present all of the documents to an experienced immigration attorney and discuss specific issues related to your entry into the U.S., any violation of the immigration laws, eligibility, etc. By doing this, you'll protect yourself from possible issues such as, ineligibility, inadmissibility or even deportation. "An excess of caution does no harm." Good luck.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer