Immigration

Bronx, NY |

My wife is a US citizen and she is on disability with three kids under the ages of 15. we are planning to get married. I can adjust my status. i entered the US legally and have the I94 in my passport. Am i eligible to apply for the permanent residence card?

1. If you have a joint sponsor for the affidavit of support, you seem to be eligible.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. Yes, it appears that you are eligible to apply for the adjustment of status to Legal Permanent Resident (without knowing anything else about you and your wife).

You should obtain a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support.

Considering hiring myself or one of my colleagues to prepare and file your case.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Yes, although your wife will need a co-sponsor for her affidavit of support.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. From the facts that you provide it seems like you would be eligible to apply for permanent residence. I suggest you retain an attorney to help you with this matter, since, what may seem as straight forward, can get complicated. Good Luck.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.

5. From what you state, it sounds like it! I would want to talk to you at length to assess the case more fully though. If you came on a visa, the process is fairly painfree. I do AOS. Call me if you would like a consultation! 513-518-5741 Cassandra Rodriguez

This answer is for general information only and is not intended as legal advice regarding your specific situation. In order to assess your legal matter properly and obtain legal advice, you must contact an attorney directly. Provision of this general information does not create an attorney-client relationship.

6. You absolutely are eligible to apply at any time. Since you were lawfully admitted. It makes no difference if you are now in or out of status.

Just make sure to secure a joint sponsor for your wife's Affidavit of Support before you apply.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

7. Very likely, as long as you do not have any criminal violations that would result in inadmissibility issues. As my colleagues have all suggested, it is in your best interest to have a face-to-face consultation with a competent immigration attorney near you to help you in the preparation of your petition package. Additionally, because your wife is on disability, you may not be able to meet minimum income requirements, based on her income alone, and will probably need to get a co-sponsor(s) for the affidavit of support. During your consultation, make sure the attorney clearly explains everything that is necessary to complete your petition package.

This response in no way establishes attorney/client privilege or relationship.

8. Based on this alone, yes. You need I-130 petition for alien relative an I-485 adjustment of status to get your greencard. Get married and Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights. Good Luck.

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.

“LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

--

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado

Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com

www.EstrellaLawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com