Immigration. What is minimum age for employment authorization?

Asked 8 months ago - Miami, FL

My son is 14. USCIS rejected I-765. I need SSN for him to get tax credit.

1. Kristin D Figueroa-Contreras

4

1

Answered . What was the reason for rejection? It should not have been his age.

Please note, the above answer is for general informational purposes only.
  2. C. C. Abbott

3

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You need to provide the basis for the denial - a 14 year old child can get an EAD if he qualifies - the I-765 Instructions lists the categories that qualify and supporting proof needed.

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

3

1

Answered . There is no age requirement for employment authorization. If USCIS rejected the I-765 on this basis it was in error. If the application was denied on this basis that is incorrect as well. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for assistance.

4. Scott Thomas Helsper

Pro

3

1

Answered . There is no minimum age requirement. Your son can apply for one on USCIS Form I-765. If he was under 14, you could sign the application on his behalf.