Immigration (Naturalization question).

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

I heard of qualifying for naturalization after 2 years 9 months of marriage to a US Citizen . I know there are other requirements though.
Is it 2 years 9 month of having a green card? Or 2 years 9 months of marriage to citizen? When does the counting start? Day of marriage or day of getting green card.
Thank you.

1. Wendy Renee Whitt

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. See the link below for more information about the naturalization process.

2. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

3

Answered . Date of green card!

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  3. Gintare Grigaite

3

1

Answered . From the date of green card issuance, and you also have to have at least the same amount of time in marriage as well.

4. Haroen Calehr

Pro

3

1

Answered . The controlling date is the date of when you became a permanent resident, just look at your green card. You also must still be in a viable marriage and be able to show proof of cohabitation for the last 3 years with your spouse. Also, you must meet the good moral character requirement, the physical presence test and the residency test. Good luck.