Skip to main content

Immigration: Is there any problem filing a petition for Fiance out of country if you have a pending misdimeanor case? Whateffect

Victorville, CA |

I wanted to know if i have a right as an American Citizen to file a petition for Fiance while i have a pending misdimeanor case goin.I have a fulltime job to support her. My questions is if i started applying a petition for fiance should i have to tell the immigration that I have pending case or not? I have clean record except this charges pending for me... thanks

Attorney Answers 3

  1. No problem

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  2. No. There is no problem with this.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

  3. I agree with my colleagues that your pending misdemeanor wont affect the petition. If your fiance, on the other hand, has a criminal record then that may be a problem for her.

    By posting on this site or answering/responding to questions does not create an attorney-client relationship and is intended to be an opinion only. My opinion is not intended to be a guarantee or promise of any outcome or result in your matter.

Immigration Topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics