Immigration: I am qualified to apply for FAFSA while waiting for a decision on my marriage to a USC case ?

Married to a USC and still waiting on the decision after the interview for almost 5 months now,and I really need to go to school in stead of just wasting time, Am I qualified for FAFSA to get a grant or scholarship , I read that only USCs and permanent residents are qualified ? I have already missed the first and second semester while waiting on the decision, Could you please help and let me know. thanks

1. Talk to the schools financial aid office. The question is from what date you gave to evidence permanent residence.

Due to the nature of this forum, I often do not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, my responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.

2. For FAFSA, if not a citizen, you need to be an eligible noncitizen: a resident; refugee; Asylum recipient; certain type of parolee; Cuban-Haitian Entrant; or a citizen of Palau/Marshall Islands/Micronesia. You may also want to speak to an attorney about whether an expedite request in your immigration case is possible.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. Though it is not an immigration law question, you are not qualified.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Marriage and prenups topics