Immigration: How do i know if i should file a I-601 form when applying for adjust of status for my husband?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Miami, FL

My husband and i got married in 2010, I have an approved i-130 and now i want to apply for greencard. just wanted to know if the i-601form is necessary for my husband.

1. Nicklaus James Misiti

1

Answered . The I601 is a waiver for various inadmissibility grounds. Not only is more information needed but you should be working with an attorney in these matters. For a free consultation follow the link and fill out the form on my website or just give me a call.

2. Patrick Lee Jarrett

1

Answered . I agree with the previous answer. You only file the I-601 if you are seeking a waiver of inadmissibilty. If you are concerned that your husband might need to file for a waiver, you should definitely be seeking the advice of an immigration attorney.