Immigration!

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

Which immigration attorney has the highest fees in Los Angeles?

I know my question is broad and it depends case to case but we all know about branding.... like a car is a car, there is KIA also and a BMW also.

So, in general who has the highest fees? I have this absurd notion that Costliest is the best!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . I charge $425 for a 30-minute legal consultation.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

Pro

5

1

Answered . O.K. - While its true that you get what you pay for, I'm not sure if "overpaying" necessarily gets you the best.

Its my belief that there are 3 types of immigration clients that use attorneys:

1. Those who have straight forward cases but don't have the sophistication and/or language abilities to do it themselves (though I've seen a lot of smart and sophisticated people screw up their own cases!);

2. Those who are quite capable of doing it by themselves but have too many other "important" things, like making money, work, family, and living with less stress, that they hire a lawyer to do it right and do it fast (as opposed to learning how to do it on their own or spouse's case);

3. And those who really really need a lawyer.

There are also different types of immigration lawyers.... but I won't go into that.

However, if you believe the best is the most expensive, please let me know and I'll double my legal fees just for you :) !!! (P.S. I hear KIA's aren't that bad a car - though I drive a BMW).

Ron Tasoff

Certified Immigration Law Specialist*
    Law Offices of Tasoff and Tasoff
    16255 Ventura Blvd. Suite 1000
    Encino, California 91436
    (818) 788-8900
    ron@tasoff.com
    www.tasoff.com

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . The most expensive lawyers are typically the business immigration lawyers with thirty plus years of practice that have midtown offices on the penthouse level of skyscrapers and offices in more than one place. Good luck!

4. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

3

1

Answered . Impossible to answer your question. It depends on the specific case and the lawyer's experience. There are some fantastic immigration attorneys in California and the rest of the US. Because immigration law is federal, we get to practice across border lines. Bottom line, fees do not matter. What really matters is how confident and comfortable you feel about your attorney representing you.

5. Gen Kimura

2

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should not hire an attorney based on fee alone. If you still would like to hire the law firm with highest fee, you probably need to hire one of those large international law firms.