Immigration : how to i can legalize by merry .

Asked over 2 years ago - 75030

i live in france and i m illigel here and i came here without visa . my girlfriend is US citizen and she lives in us . now we plan to merry in france . would u can tell me what is the best way for us . how to i will be legal here or how to i can apply for legalize at France and Us .we can do
1) she can apply for residence permit in France
2) i can apply for asylum seeker
this two way is open for us .please tell me what can we do .

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Kyndra L. Mulder


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If the two of you marry your wife can sponsor you to immigrate to the USA. This is a process that takes at least 4 to 6 months and requires that a family petition be filed on your behalf and that you file an applucation to adjust status. I suggest that you and your fiance work with an experienced immigration attorney in the USA to complete the process. Everything can be done by mail, email, skype and fax.

  2. Simone Bertollini

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . The Attorneys on this website only practice US Law. You need to consult with a French immigration Attorney.
    The fact that you live illegally in France, without anything else, will not affect your ability to move to the United States, unless you are inadmissible for other reasons, such as having criminal convictions or prior violations of US immigration law.
    I would recommend that you are an attorney to handle your case.

  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Attorneys on Avvo practice US law. They cannot advise you on the laws and requirements of other countries.

    You need to contact an attorney in the country in question.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US citizenship

In order to become US citizens and enjoy the benefits that citizenship grants, immigrants must go through the naturalization process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,242 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,242 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering