Skip to main content

Immigrant deported within 24 hours & was not able to see a judge.

Sebastopol, CA |

ICE showed up to a mechanic shop in southern California . Many were detained for being undocumented . One was deported early today . what can we do ? how old does a US citizen have to be to get her dad residency ? Can he fix his papers fix while being in Mex ,

Attorney Answers 6

  1. You need to consult an experienced immigration attorney ASAP. Your questions are too generic and more information is needed about each specific case in order to answer.
    Our law firm handles such matters and offers a free 15 minute consultation.

    Bindi Parikh
    Parikh & Prasad Law Group
    Offices in NV and CA
    (702) 492-4920

  2. It is impossible to answer such a complicated question on a forum such as this. Hire an immigration attorney or in the least speak directly with one.

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  3. If someone has an outstanding deportation order, which means they were ordered deported but never actually left, they may be deported without a hearing if they are detained by ICE. It is possible this is what happened to the person who was deported very quickly, but there are many facts missing from your description and there's no way I can tell exactly what happened and why.

    Like my colleagues have said, you need to consult an experienced immigration attorney to find out what, if anything, can be done. Immigration law is very fact-specific and the next steps will depend on a variety of factors that an immigration attorney can explain to you.

    Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Laura Mandell, Law Office of Stephen Gingell, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-719-7209 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

  4. I agree with my colleagues, fact specific information is needed on issues surrounding your father's removal.

    However, you must be 21 to petition for your parent. Do consult an experienced immigration attorney for assistance.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2

  5. A citizen must be 21 to petition for their parent.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  6. There probably was a prior deportation order. That or he agreed to not fight his case and return to Mexico while he was in ICE custody.

    Your second question: Children must be 21 to petition for their alien parents.

    Look for a local immigration attorney. This is a complicated situation that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

    Thomas J. Baker
    Law Office of Daniel M. Wigon
    Associate Attorney

    Main Office:
    816 H Street Suite 108
    Sacramento, CA 95814

    Martinez Office:
    820 Alhambra Ave
    Martinez, CA 94553

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics