Skip to main content


Tampa, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

iam a teen.iam not going to say my age.but iam not really young.i want to get married to a 27year old and he has no papers.he is from mexico and he 27.
i heard that you got to be 16 t33n or older to get married with a older person then you but with parnet consent.
i reside at fl.
and i was wondering if there is a problem with me getting married with him?and he as been to jail previos and he has had a ice hold.
is there a probl3m with that?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. This is not really an immigration question. If you are considering marriage to provide an immigration benefit to someone, that is another matter (and there is a "problem" with that).

  2. If he entered the United States illegally even if you marry him he will not be able to stay here. You sound really young. I suggest you speak to someone (parent, priest, counselor, etc.) before you get married.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics