Imigration reform

Asked almost 2 years ago - Ephrata, PA

I m american citzen and i have a daugther with 29 years old and she is divorced
Do you think that is important apply for her green card immediately?
Because with the imigration reform she is qualified for all the imigration request.
My doubt is: if she apply by me, could it help when the imigration reform comes up? or it doesn't have any influence?

1. Veronica Tunitsky

2

Answered . We don't know what or when the immigration reform will bring so practically speaking your considerations should be based on current laws.

2. Irene Vaisman

Pro

1

Answered . although you can file the I-130 for your daughter, whether or not she will be able to get her green card is a completely different story which will depend on many other factors. I suggest a consultation with an experienced attorney to discuss options

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Dean P Murray

1

Answered . The reform is only now being discussed. At best, it is in its initial stages. To assess your options at this moment, you should contact an immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Petitioning her would not hurt.

See links below:

http://www.engnishimura.com/immigration-reform

http://www.engnishimura.com/immigration-reform/...