Im trying to find out if my boyfriend has been arrested

Asked almost 3 years ago - Salem, MA

Hi im a uk citizen and my boyfriend is living in the usa, i think he was arrested an hour ago please can you tell me how i find out
thank you

1. Patrick T. Donovan

Answered . The best way of finding out if your boyfriend has been arrested would be to call the police department and ask if he is there. You can also wait and see if he calls you. If he was arrested in the morning you be brought into court before the end of the day to be arraigned. if it is a serious case the Commonwealth would likely be asking for bail, if it is a minor case he would most likely be released on his promise to appear again. You may also call the court where you think he may be in asked to speak to somebody in the clerk's office.
    Best of luck
    Patrick

2. Henry Lebensbaum

Answered . You should contact an attorney in the jurisdiction where the arrest may have occurred. The attorney can check in your behalf.

Does this answer your question?

One or more answers have been taken down.