Im still in pain from a work injury but the doctor released me?

Asked over 2 years ago - Branson, MO

i suffered a low back injury and have done PT and injections and meds but nothing is working the doctor released me without any further treatment or meds to help the pain... my question is is that right? am i supposed to live with the pain? ive been released to full duty with no restrictions but yet 4 months after my injury it is still painful to bend sit or stand ive told the doc bout these issues but he didnt seem to listen ive got a lawyer but they dont tell me anything either... its not right that ive been cut off my light duty assignment and am now unemployed bc the temp agency i worked for cant find anything for me i feel cheated and ignored by everyone

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This sounds like a workers' compensation question, not personal injury. I will try to answer you on that basis- if it IS a personal injury question, things may be different.

    If the company doctor releases you back to full duty and you can't do the job because of an injury, that is what workers compensation is for. You should hire an attorney immediately-you only get one chance to get this right!

    You are entitled to a lump sum for the change in your ability due to the injury. It is not uncommon for an injury to put a worker out of work, and the law does not cover that completely. Hire an attorney, your case is too complicated for you to handle alone.

    While we hope this information is helpful and informative, it should not be considered a substitute for legal... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to have a doctor disable you from work if you are claiming a work injury. Get a second medical opinion, maybe the first doctor is wrong?

    You should consult an attorney in your State at once.
  3. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to have a face-to-face conference with your workers compensation attorney. Explore getting further treatment paid for by the employer's workers compensation carrier. Sometimes you may be a candidate for "work hardening" or other occupational therapy which may help you. Discuss all of this with your attorney.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Related Topics

Pain and suffering for personal injury

Pain and suffering refers to physical and mental trauma caused by an injury, and is often a significant component of non-economic damages.

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,906 answers this week

3,787 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,906 answers this week

3,787 attorneys answering