Im out on bail for fireworks possessoin of dangerous hazardous material ^ want a lawyer who knos about this.

Woodbury, NY |

Its a felony charge and my first time being arrested not much more i know what to do.the cop confiscated them and a resisting arrest was charged . they also attacked me.

1. You are apparently charged with two or more charges concerning unlawful dealing with fireworks and possessing/selling noxious materials, although if you were not previously convicted, it is hard to see how you are charged with a felony. In any event, you also have a resisting arrest charge, which may be difficult to negotiate for your attorney. Hire a criminal attorney, and there are a number of qualified ones on Avvo for your area.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

2. I'm sure any good criminal defense lawyer can help you.

Eric Rothstein
    Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com
    212-577-9797

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. It sounds like you're charged with two felony charges of possession and sale of fireworks. In my experience, most of these type of charges can be resolved fairly easily with a reduced plea, but if there are technical deficiencies in the District Attorney's case, then they may be willing to reduce the charges further, especially if you have no prior record.

I have handled these cases many times in Nassau County successfully. The issue of "they attacked me" may also bear fruit if it is raised within the context of the arrest procedure and police harassment or brutality. Those issues may impact upon the outcome of the case as well.

Please take a look at my profile to satisfy yourself as to my qualifications

You may call our office at 516-248-6600 or send an email to us at Ted@Thelawteam.com. This answer does not form an attorney/client relationship with anyone and any answers do not constitute direct legal advice and should not be followed unless and until you have spoken with an attorney of your choice.

4. I would need to know more specifics to be able to give you meaningful advice. For instance, the quantity and type of fireworks you are accused of possessing - How much did the police actually recover? From where were the fireworks recovered? Did you have the fireworks in your possession? YOu also claim that the police attacked you; were you injured? Did you take any pictures of the injuries? Did you seek medical attention? What were the circumstances that lead you to be arrested for resisting arrest? Once you answer these and other relevant questions, a good attorney would be in a better position to effectively analyze your case.