Im on probation and was asked by a detective to come in for questioning in a robbery that my friend got arrested for.

Asked 10 months ago - Tallahassee, FL

Im afraid that they may think I have something to do with it. Should I get a lawyer to go with me

1. Amir A. Ladan

Pro

7

Answered . You know the answer to this question and the answer is a resounding "of course." While your probationary sentence may require you to comply and cooperate with law enforcement as it pertains to your sentence, it does not interfere with your Constitutional rights. Consult with a lawyer and do not speak with anyone but your lawyer about that case.

Best of luck.

2. Michael Adam Haber

Pro

6

Answered . YES!

You should never go to talk to a detective without a lawyer, but most especially when you are on probation.

Any contact with law enforcement MUST be reported to your PO. Retain a lawyer to advise you, guide you, protect you and run blocker for your probationary interests and obligations.

This holds true whether you had any involvement in the robbery or not (but even moreso if you were so involved).

Do not hesitate. Get an experienced Tally area criminal defense lawyer in your corner asap.

I hope this has been helpful and wish you good luck.

3. Seda Aktas

6

Answered . You're being questioned by law enforcement; I recommend having a lawyer with you.

4. Zachary Michael Ward

6

Answered . Yes. Do not go to that interview without consulting an attorney. And depending upon the advice of the attorney, it may not be in your best interest to go to that interview at all.

5. Michael Stephen Connelly

5

Answered . Yes, you definitely need a lawyer with you, especially since you already suspect that it might affect you criminally

6. Justin Gary Hausler

5

Answered . Never talk to anyone (that also includes police) about a criminal case without having a lawyer present. If you are charged with any crime, your probation can be violated. Seek a lawyer today.

7. Christopher Robert Dillingham II

3

Answered . Yes, absolutely. You also need a better class of "friends."

8. Alberto Marino Quirantes Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . Absolutely, 100%, there are no two answers to this question, you must appear with a criminal defense attorney. Do not appear at police headquarters without a criminal defense attorney at your side, let your lawyer do the talking.