Skip to main content

Im my fiance is in mexico and i want to fix him papers what can i do?

San Francisco, CA |

my fiance was deported 5 years ago he was given a 10 year deportation period because he didnt pay his tickets but what can i do to fix him papers? do i wait until hes been in mexico for more than 10 years or can i do something right now? i really need help

Attorney Answers 4

  1. consult with an aattorney. He may be eligible ofr a 601 waiver if you can show sufficient hardship.

  2. You should speak to an immigration attorney who practices US immigration law. He may be able to obtain a waiver so that he does not have to wait the full ten years. Your attorney will help you to obtain a copy your fiance's immigration file so you can know if there are any other issues that need to be dealt with besides his previous unlawful presence and deportation.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  3. I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at .

    Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova

  4. You can file a 601 waiver, however i've been practising immigration law for 11 years and I am yet to see a waiver granted on these facts.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics