Im looking for a good attorney to help me on a insurance claim!

Asked 10 months ago - Tunnel Hill, GA

I was injured in an auto accident, back in april, totaled my truck and injured my right shoulder, gonna have to have major surgery to repair the damage, the insurance company dont seem to want to cooperate and pay for my injuries,

1. William Gregory Pope

Pro

18

Answered . There may be issues of liability or causation that only an attorney could help you with. You should stop talking to the insurance company and hire an attorney to assist you. Choose an attorney with experience and with whom you feel comfortable.

[removed]

2. Matthew Chase Swanson

Pro

17

Answered . I highly recommend you contact an attorney as soon as possible to further discuss your injury claim. Your situation is not unlike many of the cases I've dealt with recently in which insurance companies simply take advantage of your situation by making abhorrently low offers to settle your case. Simply hiring an attorney may push the insurer to take a more reasonable stance in your case

[removed]

3. Philip Wesley Lorenz

16

Answered . First thing is to stop talking with the other driver's insurance company. You can rest assured everything you said has been recorded. You don't describe how the accident occurred, who was at fault, whether anyone was cited, etc. Additionally, do you know whether the other driver has insurance, with who, what his limits are (you may be entitled to file a UM claim against your own carrier), and so on. As you can see, there's a lot more to your situation that the other driver's insurance company not wanting to cooperate.
    All of these questions are very important in determining your next steps, the first of which should be to speak with an experienced, personal injury attorney - one who preferably has a great deal of experience dealing with insurance companies. I along with many others who will respond to your question, offer free consultations. I invite you to check out the websites of the attorneys who answered your question and contact 1 or 2 you feel most comfortable with. Again, all should offer you a free consultation. Good luck with your claim.

4. Michael Rene Braun

14

Answered . I would suggest that you call a few attorneys, and ask them about their experience in these types of cases, so that you can find someone you are comfortable with. Depending on the available insurance policy limits of the person that caused the wreck, and the amount of your medical bills, including the surgery, it might not even make sense to hire an attorney unless the insurance e company is giving you a problem.

[removed]

5. Peter Jonathan Ross

13

Answered . Why would your insurance company want to cooperate with you if it will cost them money. You need to consult and retain a qualified personal injury attorney as soon as possible before it is too late for you to recover full compensation for your injuries.

Peter J. Ross
    Ross & Pines, LLC
    404 812 4300

6. Anthony Charles Kalka

Pro

13

Answered . My recommendation is for you to consult with an attorney that specializes in personally injury cases and understands the complexity involved with shoulder injuries. The insurance company will only delay the process. I would not speak with the insurance company any more and let your lawyer speak to them on your behalf.

7. Paul Jonathan Sieg

12

Answered . I am very sorry that you have to deal with this. Having been in several wrecks myself, I know what it’s like!

The truth is, one of the absolute worst things you can do is to talk to the insurer yourself. They are in business to offer you as little as possible. In fact, one study has shown that people who are not represented by an attorney get 80% less than people who are! Further, every statement you make will be used against you by the insurer. So, it’s imperative that you hire an experienced attorney as soon as possible!

[removed]

8. Jonathan P. Sexton

Pro

11

Answered . [removed]

9. Henry David Bullard

11

Answered . We would love to speak with you. We represented insurance companies and their insureds for a combined 29 years. We know how they operate and what makes them pay. I agree you should stop speaking to the insurance company.

10. John M O'Brien

Pro

12

Answered . As stated by my colleagues, use http://www.avvo.com/find-a-lawyer to find yourself a local attorney to help you out.

11. Jeffrey Mark Adams

11

Answered . Ask those you trust and respect, search avvo, call your state's trial lawyers association; interview a few; look to retain the one you are most confident in and comfortable with. Don't delay further. You have/are weakening your position while strengthening theirs. Good luck.

12. C. Donald Briggs III

Pro

11

Answered . Use the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" section to get your attorney.

Pro

10

Answered . Any of the above distinguished attorneys can help, or use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool

14. C. Jeffrey Kaufman

Pro

8

Answered . You clearly have a serious injury that requires expensive treatment. The insurance company will do everything they can to get out of paying for your losses. Insurance companies, even your own, are not your friends. I have been practicing for 37 years and I can tell you from personal experience that insurance companies rarely, if ever, do the right thing on their own without an attorney involved. Go online and research attorneys. Find one you are comfortable with that will treat you like a person and not just a case number. Feel free to look over my website (kaufmanlaw.net). I would be happy to answer any questions you have and assist you with this case. My staff and I are available around the clock for our clients.

15. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

6

Answered . Each time you talked to the insurer you diminished the value of your claim. An attorney does the reverse and tries to maximize the value. Since you're still treating it is premature to even be talking to the insurer. However, since so many months have gone by and valuable evidence and testimony may be lost, each day you wait to see a lawyer is problematic. Call a lawyer ASAP, as in today and stop talking to the insurer. - Glen Ashman 404-768-3509

16. Aaron P. Marks

6

Answered . I am very sorry to hear about your accident. Whenever you are injured as a result of another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for (1) medical bills, (2) lost wages for missed work, (3) pain and suffering, (4) any permanent injury or disfigurement, (5) property damage to cover the loss of your truck, and (6) inconvenience and loss of enjoyment of life. Depending on the facts of the accident, you may also be entitled to “punitive” damages, which are intended to punish a person for acting in a way that endangers others.
    Of course, the most important consideration is getting whatever medical help you need. Make sure to follow up with the doctor as necessary, for two reasons. First, and most importantly, follow up visits will ensure that your shoulder heals properly. Second, people (claims adjusters, attorneys, and even jurors) are often suspicious of those who claim to be injured but fail to follow their doctor’s treatment plan.
    If you do not have health insurance or the means to pay for medical care, a personal injury attorney may be able to help you see a local doctor.
    Unfortunately, insurance companies are often uncooperative. Their goal is to pay you as little money as possible in compensation. You should consult with a personal injury attorney who has experience handling car accident cases. An initial consultation is free, and an attorney will be able to tell you what steps to take next. In the meantime, please do not speak to anyone about the accident without an attorney present. Insurance adjusters are trained to minimize the damages an injured party can recover and may try to get you to admit fault in the accident. While it can seem bewildering, an experienced attorney will know exactly what to do so that you can get all the help that you deserve. I wish you the best of luck.