Skip to main content

Im in the military & have a custody/support order from NV. neither party resides there now. how do i get a new order?

Jacksonville, AR |

if i have a custody/child support arrangement set forth by a judge in a nevada court but neither myself or my child and his mother reside in nevada how do i go about establishing a new order for the state that he now resides in since we now live in separate states?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Take the old order into the new state where yo uhave jurisdiction and ask that it be made an order in that state, take care.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

  2. I agree with my colleague

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics