Im in reno nevada and i just violated my informal probation. how long will i go to jail, if i hire an attorney will it help.

Asked over 1 year ago - Reno, NV

i have 2 marijuana charges both misdemeanors and i just violated my probation with a soliciting charge.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ross Carl Goodman


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Your lawyer should argue that the new case is just an allegation and should not serve as a basis to revoke your probation and original negotiation. Ultimately, you probably will resolve both matters globally depending on the viability of your defense to the solicitation charge.

    The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The... more
  2. Ryan Alexander


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Hiring a private attorney will almost surely be better. You're going to have a revocation hearing.

    In Nevada the max would be 6 months per misdemeanor but in practice it would likely be less, if any. It would depend on how far you got through your probation, the specifics of the new case, which level of court you're in, etc.

    Clark County, Nevada practitioner.
One or more answers have been taken down.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,455 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,455 answers this week

2,941 attorneys answering