Skip to main content

Im having problems with form Fl-180

Fortuna, CA |
Filed under: Divorce

I filled for divorce my husband never responded so i entered default im having trouble on the last form FL-180 i dont know if i should mark status only .Or reserving jurisdiction over termination of marital or domestic partnership status. Or judgement on reserved issues. We have no property or children

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You don't NEED to mark any of those boxes.

    Status only would indicate that you want to no longer be married, but that you have not finished issues with property division, child custody, etc.

    Reserving Jurisdiction over termination would be the opposite of the above ... that you had resolved all issues, but wanted to wait to finalize the divorce.

    Judgment on reserved issues would be if you had previously done status (above) and now wanted to finish the division and other issues.

    Stephanie White
    Simi Valley, CA

    DISCLAIMER: The above is not legal advice nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship with the person posting the question or any person reading the above. There is no attorney-client relationship between any reader and this writer or her firm. These comments are not subject to any privilege protections. They are neither privileged nor confidential. The information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. Accordingly these comments cannot be relied upon as the law and the facts may differ from those with which the reader of this communication may be dealing.

    The following disclosure is required pursuant to IRS Circular 230: unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended or written to be used, and may not be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics