Im green card holder What all document required for petition spouse visa in usa

Seattle, WA |

My boyfriend live in nepal im going. To nepal for marry with him then i want to petition for visa usa pls i have no idea

After you get married, you'll be able to file a petition for your spouse to get his visa to come to the U.S. You'll need to include a copy of your marriage certificate and divorce certificates if either of you have been married before this. You'll also need proof that your relationship is real and not just for immigration purposes. This might include photos of the two of you together, letters you've written together, proof of any property you own together, or birth certificates of any children you have together. Since you're not a citizen yet, after you submit the petition for him, you'll have to wait until a visa becomes available. If you're eligible to become a U.S. citizen, you should consider doing that, as it will help you get your husband here faster.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney relationship is created through this information. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions.

I agree with Ms. Jacobsen, but be aware that there is a long line for the spouse of a permanent resident. He will not be able to obtain a visa to the U.S. for several years. Once you become a U.S. citizen, if he is still in the waiting line, then he can proceed. You also need to find out if he is subject to any grounds of inadmissibility. If he is, then he may need a waiver, or he may be stuck out of the country. I recommend you make an appointment to review the whole case, so you understand the situation better.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.