Im going to fail my drug test tomorrow. I know it may sound weird but can I ask to go to jail? Or do I have to wait on judge

Asked over 1 year ago - Clearwater, FL

I just want help. Im positive if I go to jail and wait for my court date that the judge will allow me to go to a inpatient facility. I really want to go. Im currently on drug offender probation and could use the jail time to sober up. Thank you for any help.

1. Amanda Powers Sellers

4

Answered . You can not turn yourself in until you are violated. I would speak to an attorney about getting a treatment plan set up. Do not blow off your appointment with you probation officer. This will give him/her an additional reason to violate you ( and will anger your judge). There are several in-patient programs in this county. Which one you go to and how long you wait will depend on whether you have the money to pay for your own treatment. Most have wait lists. However, if you are allowed to do treatment, Pinellas County drug court is the quickest way to secure a bed if you do not have funds to pay for it yourself.

2. Jonathan Hackworth

Pro

3

Answered . Amanda Sellers is absolutely correct, there are many available programs in Pinellas County for folks in your situation. The Drug Court program in Pinellas would likely provide the fastest way into the programs for you. Good luck with your situation.

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

3

Answered . If you had an attorney, see that person about getting advancing your appeaarance date. If you did not have an attorney, see court clerk about advancing the date and explain problem and desires to court.