Im getting pretty nervous here.. i have got so many different takes from the courts on getting a restricted drivers license ...

Virginia Beach, VA |

I am hiring a lawyer and told him the situation and am working with the Department of Rehabilitative services to get employment and i need to drive to interviews for technicals but i have read articles here saying that you can only drive to and from work and court ordered programs etc.Well i have followed thru on all my court ordered programs etc and finished technical school and am ready to work .I am a hairstylist. i have been working out of my house to get money up for fines and court costs of past but they are just running this time even thou it was 6 going on 7 yrs ago.The court says its all up to the judge what he will or wont approve and the lawyer says as long as i have a schedule it will be up to judge but i dont want to spend my money for nothing ?..i have no dui or dwis..advice

Each judge does treat these differently and there's no way a lawyer can guarantee an outcome. However, when the individual has a schedule and has complied with everything else, the judge tends to approve the schedule. Sometimes, when a person must drive for work itself, or when the days vary, the judge tells the individual to keep their work schedule with them in the car. So, if the individual is pulled over for something they will have the ability to show the officer that they are going to work or home from work. That offers the driver a level of protection as well.

Long and short, your attorney can advise you how to best prepare, but only the judge can make the decision.

Please note that this response is based upon the limited information available in the question. In addition, it is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship and is offered only as general information and not as legal advice.

Usually the work restrictions are include any work that you would have to do during the work day, including the travel as long as it is required by the employer. It sounds like you should be able to make that known to the judge when requesting the restricted license.

I am not working for a employer at this time.I have been working slow as it may be out of my house.I am working with the Department of Rehabilitative Services for getting employment but i cant work the program because i have no way there and back .They assigned me a job developmental specialist that helps but im still unable to get to appointments she sets up with employers to do technicals.She has took me to some but usually by the time shes avalible the position is filled or they dont want to hire me because they ask ''how will i get there?''so its quite fustrating.I have complied with all court orders complete probation back in 2007 and havent been in any trouble but i dont even know if any of that matters to the judge.

You stated you have hired a lawyer. I think you need to have a heart-to-heart with your attorney and find out what's going on. If you are unsatisfied at that point It would be prudent to speak to a different attorney that you trust and have confidence in.

The information contained in this message is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice, nor is it a substitute for professional legal services. Wolcott Rivers Gates disclaims the formation of an attorney-client relationship by use of AVVO, and no such relationship exists unless and until a written Fee Agreement has been endorsed by Wolcott Rivers Gates and the client. Furthermore, given the public nature of this forum, there can be no expectation of privacy, confidentiality, privilege, or any other protection from disclosure.

Traffic tickets topics