Skip to main content

Im disabled. Have been in a wheelchair since 1999. I need help.

Saint Louis, MO |

I was brought out to st. louis, mo and was married. it turned out horrifying. and my husband controlled me badly. i left him and now living in a disabled housing apartment. is there any free help for me to divorce him? i cant afford it, and he wont do it because i have legal papers he did on me that he did wrong..he did them on me illegally. and want to go to court and prove what he did. and ask for some kind of alimony from him for me to live. please advise me and help me. thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Call the bar association in your county. They might be able to direct you to the right resource.

Legal disclaimer: In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.


You should contact Legal Aid Services of Eastern Missouri - they will assist you or refer you to somebody who can assist you:

St. Louis (Main Office)
4232 Forest Park Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63108
Phone: (314) 534-4200
Phone: (800) 444-0514
Fax: (314) 534-1425

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice, and use of this information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about your specific situation, please call an attorney.


Legal services of eastern Missouri and catholic legal assistance ministries are two great resources for those individuals who can't afford representation and live in the St. Louis are. I would suggest contacting them. If your disability limits your ability to obtain sufficient income to support yourself then you may be a candidate for maintenance (aka alimony) for your husband upon being divorced.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer