Tucson, AZ |

I would not suggest defending yourself without the services of an experienced attorney. Attorneys went to school for several years to be trained in the law, rules of evidence, rules of procedure, caselaw, etc. This is not to mention the years of experience in defending people accused of commiting crimes that is necessary for an adequate defense. I don't think a lawyer would attempt to step into your job the very first day and attempt to do it without a single day of training. In addition, being accused of a crime is a life changing event which must be taken seriously. If you cannot afford an attorney you may qualify for a public defender. Part of success in life is to realize that we as humans do not know everything and to realize our limitations. If being a lawyer was easy there would be no need for them. Good Luck

An attorney/client relationship is NOT established simply by virtue of The Law Offices of Evan M. Kleiman, P.A. answering any questions herein. Such a relationship will only be established by a formal agreement between the parties.

I am biased. I believe you should bring a person into the equation
who understands the rules and the system.

Does this answer your question?

henry lebensbaum, esq.

300 Brickstone Square, Ste 201

Andover, ma 01810

(978) 749-3606

420 Common Street, Ste 101

Lawrence, MA 01840

(978) 685-2690

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

The other attorneys answered your question succinctly, and are entirely accurate. The saying goes: Even an "attorney who represents himself has a fool for a client."

Never ever represent yourself.

Austin Family Violence Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,