Im being acused of sexual assault. we are both women in the military

Killeen, TX |

the incident happen 6months ago. its her word against mine.

1. Hopefully, you have consulted with either a civilian lawyer who handles military criminal defense or with the area defense counsel. Sexual assault is a hot button issue in the military these days.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

2. Please tall me that you've consulted with JAG defense counsel.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. Depending on where she says the alleged adult occurred, that is type of lawyer you should consult. If she alleges it happened on base, or at some other military installation, then find a lawyer who knows military defense. Otherwise, if she alleges it occurred off base, then you may need to find a good state criminal defense attorney. Jurisdiction will be key initially.

Right now you are only being accused, not charged. Do not discuss the issue with anyone without a lawyer present. Do not take this lightly. "Her word" could be enough to send you to prison. The answers on this forum are broad, you need to consult with a lawyer so they can give you advice specific to your case.