Im being acused of sexual assault. we are both women in the military

Asked 12 months ago - Killeen, TX

the incident happen 6months ago. its her word against mine.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Hopefully, you have consulted with either a civilian lawyer who handles military criminal defense or with the area defense counsel. Sexual assault is a hot button issue in the military these days.

    Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No... more
  2. Humberto Yzaguirre Jr.

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . Depending on where she says the alleged adult occurred, that is type of lawyer you should consult. If she alleges it happened on base, or at some other military installation, then find a lawyer who knows military defense. Otherwise, if she alleges it occurred off base, then you may need to find a good state criminal defense attorney. Jurisdiction will be key initially.

    Right now you are only being accused, not charged. Do not discuss the issue with anyone without a lawyer present. Do not take this lightly. "Her word" could be enough to send you to prison. The answers on this forum are broad, you need to consult with a lawyer so they can give you advice specific to your case.

  3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Please tall me that you've consulted with JAG defense counsel.

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,096 answers this week

2,913 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,096 answers this week

2,913 attorneys answering