Skip to main content

Im being acused of having child pornography on my computer and cant affored a good lawyer to properly defend my innocence, what

Albert Lea, MN |

i had a search warrant done at my parents house a year ago and just recently got contacted. no one will tell me whats going on. and now there is a warrant issued for me and i have to go into court tomorrow not knowing anything of whats going on

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Its very important that you hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer to represent you. Such a charge can be serious and it takes a good lawyer to protect your rights.

    Good luck.

  2. If you have no job or assets, definitely apply for a Public Defender to help you. I have been retained frequently to represent people who already had public defender representation, usually paid by a family member or other supporter.

    This is a serious criminal charge, with permanent, life long consequences if convicted. Avoid pleading guilty. Be sure to get some good legal help. I have handled many of these cases, and offer a free consultation to discuss.

  3. A charge of possession of child pornography is very serious. It is a felony and a criminal sexual offense which means, if convicted, you must report as a sexual offender. That alone makes it one of the more serious offenses in Minnesota. You must have an aggressive defense. the statute requires that you knew of the nature of the contraband when you possessed it. There are many defense including how it was acquired and whether others had access to the computer.

    For Minnesota representation call 612.240.8005 or visit

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics