Skip to main content

Im an undocumented in this country have had an accident at work, I lost part of my thumb I can get a reward for that?

Paris, TX |

I need guidance please, I'm not working for a medical order of 15 days, because of my accident was last friday 10/26/2011. I need Help , Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You do not need to be a citizen of the United States to obtain medical treatment and benefits for a workplace injury; however, your employer need not rehire you. You should contact an attorney forthwith. Good luck!

The answer provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship and is only meant as general advice based on the limited facts presented. My general advice is based on California law and not of any other state in the United States or outside thereof. Contact an attorney immediately to ascertain all rights' you may be entitled to for optimal results and because most lawsuits have time limitations within which they must be filed, so as not to be dismissed on failure to comport with the statute of limitations.



I have several questions one of which is that my employer has asked me if I can present to work tomorrow but He know in advance that I have a doctor's order to do so within 15 days, I can stand to work? or would affect if I file a complaint against my employer?

Scott Alan Schwartz

Scott Alan Schwartz


I am truly sorry but I cannot exactly understand your comment/question. Perhaps you should word it differently and post it again as a new question. My apologies for not being able to respond to this comment/question.


Generally, you will still get medical and the small amount of permanent disability payments attributed to your injury. Depending on your state, you may/may not be entitled to temporary disability payments for any period that your employer has light duty available. What you receive will be an "Award" of money that you are owed for your disability. A "Reward" is a gift for positive behavior, like returning a lost wallet.

We give free general concepts to be helpful, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

Brett A. Borah

Brett A. Borah


I agree. Immigration status is irrelevant. You stil get W.C. Benefits although you may lose your job.


You are entitled to benefits, regardless of your immigration status. If your status becomes known through the claim process, your employer may terminate your employment as Mr. Schwartz noted.

Your injury may take a long time to heal and you may need surgical revision to properly fit a prosthesis. This process will certainly go smoother with an attorney. Good luck.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:


I am a Texas workers' compensation attorney in Richardson, TX. I frequently represent undocumented workers. You are entitled to medical treatment and to lost wage benefits, as well as benefits for any permanent impairment. You will likely need to hire an attorney to make sure you get all of the benefits you may be entitled to receive.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer