Im an F1 OPT student.Im planing marry my fiancé very soon.

College Park, MD |

im an F1 OPT student.Im planing marry my fiancé very soon.My Fiance recently got devorced from a man.They have been married for almost for years during that four years she sponsor him Green Card and he got his GC in january.

After our Marriage i want to file for my Green card through her.My question is will there be any problem to get My green card ?

(We are marrying for real no game/drama)

Assuming your fiancé did not engage in fraud in her prior marriage and you are otherwise eligible for adjustment of status, there should be no issues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for a full assessment of the matter.

Thanks Rebecca, Im sure that her previous marriage was real and they got deforce because of some issue. In any circumstances will it affect my GC process ?

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Wendy Rebecca Barlow

Based upon what you have told me, it does not appear there are any adverse factors that would impact your green card application. However, posting a question on a forum is not a substitute for an in-person consultation. You and your fiance should consult an experienced immigration attorney to go over your matter in greater detail. This will allow you to receive a full assessment of your case and any potential issues.

I assume she is a USC. There will be questions about the bona fides of her previous marriage. If that marriage was genuine, and yours will be as well, you should not have any problems.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

In previous marriage I'm pretty sure that her X has did the financial part .BUT in our case we try to work together (Some time i may have to arrange the finance )

Assuming the prior marriage was legitimate, there should be no problems.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

I slightly disagree. Your wife will have to earn enough money to support you and her ex-husband. If her ex-husband has become a naturalized U. S. Citizen, then she will not be obligated to support him for I-864 affidavit of support purposes. However, your income may be taken into consideration since you have a valid employment authorization.

I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration and visa. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Good answer

In previous marriage I'm pretty sure that her X has done the financial part .BUT in our case we try to work together (Some time i may have to arrange the finance )

I agree with Kevin. The least you should do is talk to an immigration attorney to cover your bases.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.