Im american marrying illegal mexican. How can i live in mexico legaly? can i also get dual citizenship for US and Mexico for us?

Asked over 4 years ago - Pasadena, CA

I want to know how i can live in Mexico legally and possibly get a dual citizenship for me for US and Mexico and also what i need to do for him to get some kind of green card so he can come to the US with me to visit my family. Thanks

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jean Tien

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . Because your question relates to Mexican citizenship, you should contact an experienced immigration attorney in Mexico to assit you with your Mexican citizenship question. Most of the attorneys on his website are in the US and may not be as familiar with the Mexican rules and regulations as someone who practices in Mexico.

    This correspondence is intended as general information only and not as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,315 answers this week

3,055 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,315 answers this week

3,055 attorneys answering