Skip to main content

Im a u.s citizen merried with my wife for 10 years,and can i cancel my wife g.c. here in states.?

Ohio |

just wondering only.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. While you cannot "cancel" her green card, you can report to USCIS if you believe your marriage was entered into fraudulently. But a 10-year marriage typically would not be found to be fraudulent. If you decide to divorce, chances are that your wife would still be eligible to remain in the US.

  2. it is kind of hard to believe that your wife defrauded the government for ten years. i doubt that uscis would e v e r believe you. if it was a fraud then she has had ten years to fake it. either way you waste time and nothing really happens to her.

Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics