Im a u.s. citizen and my husband is a mexican citizen and went to mexico recently to be with his sick mother.

Asked about 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

im a u.s. citizen and my husband is a mexican citizen and went to mexico recently to be with his sick mother his mother is fine now.. i also recently found out im pregnant and came back to have the baby here in the u.s.... i really want him here when the baby is born!! i have 6 month to go. what can i do??? he wants to come back permanently but will come back temporarily if he has to just so he can be here for when the baby is born. this is our first child.. advice please!!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Natalia Polukhtin

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As noticed above, your question is missing some crucial information. As a preliminary matter, I would strongly discourage your boyfriend from attempting to re-entry the country unlawfully. He may trig a permanent bar, meaning he will be permanently barred from becoming a resident. You may want to consider getting married (in Mexico) and filing a family-based petition for him. But by all means, don't try to do it without a help of a lawyer.

    Nothing in this post shall be construed as a legal advice. If you need advice regarding your particular situation,... more
  2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I understand your valid concern; however, your description was lacking crucial information required for a trained immigration attorney to advise you a working option for your spouse to come to the U.S. Please seek counsel with a local Dallas immigration attorney as many questions must be asked in person and Avvo does not provide such medium.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,880 answers this week

3,107 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,880 answers this week

3,107 attorneys answering