Im a u.s. citizen and my husband is a mexican citizen and went to mexico recently to be with his sick mother.

Dallas, TX |

im a u.s. citizen and my husband is a mexican citizen and went to mexico recently to be with his sick mother his mother is fine now.. i also recently found out im pregnant and came back to have the baby here in the u.s.... i really want him here when the baby is born!! i have 6 month to go. what can i do??? he wants to come back permanently but will come back temporarily if he has to just so he can be here for when the baby is born. this is our first child.. advice please!!

1. I understand your valid concern; however, your description was lacking crucial information required for a trained immigration attorney to advise you a working option for your spouse to come to the U.S. Please seek counsel with a local Dallas immigration attorney as many questions must be asked in person and Avvo does not provide such medium.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

2. As noticed above, your question is missing some crucial information. As a preliminary matter, I would strongly discourage your boyfriend from attempting to re-entry the country unlawfully. He may trig a permanent bar, meaning he will be permanently barred from becoming a resident. You may want to consider getting married (in Mexico) and filing a family-based petition for him. But by all means, don't try to do it without a help of a lawyer.

Nothing in this post shall be construed as a legal advice. If you need advice regarding your particular situation, please contact my office directly. This information is transferred without an intent to creat an attorney-client relationship.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.