Im a permanent resident with an expired card afraid of getting deported I commited auto theft how can I fix this?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I came to this country when I was 3 months did not get permanent resident till I was 12 my parents got citizenship when I was 19 .I got deffered adjucation for auto theft at 17 when my card expired they advised against me renewing it for fear of deportation Im 36 years old and not married but a single parent I also have one DWI that happened when I was 25 and thats it I wanna fix this and tired of living in fear what are my chances of getting deported?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

Answered . You need to schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. Bring your immigration papers and your criminal conviction documents.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.