Im a minor of San Antonio Texas age 14, male, I was abused by moms boyfriend. Can I, with my grandmothers conceit sue this man?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

Okay I'm a minor of San Antonio Texas, age 14, male. I was messing with a crayon and my mother was afraid I would break it, after a while I did put it back, 2 mins later my mothers boy friend, which I barley know, comes in and my mother tells him to tell us (my 2 other siblings) to listen... Which didn't make sense because I had did what my mom asked and this man raises his voice at us and then towards me because he is scaring my little brother (this man also knows karate and my little bro was afraid he might hurt me) and he tells me to go to my room and I do but I notice he follows me and I said dont follow me, to three and pulls my ear (which hurts and left a bruise) pushes me to the wall grabs me again and trows me in my room thus me crashing into the chair. W/ my Gma can I sue this man

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Heidi S. Whitaker

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . I hope that this man does not often do things that make you and your brother afraid of him. Are you now someplace safe? Talk to your guidance counselor at school about making a report to the Department of Public & Family Services (previously known as Child Protective Services - CPS). Especially if this man has laid hands on you before, you probably need help from more than the courts. Is your mother aware of the bruise and injuries? If she is not keeping you safe from other adults, then you need assistance from people like your grandmother, your counselor and the Department.

    This response does not constitute legal advice. The facts and circumstances of any particular situation are... more
  2. Stephen Neil Foster

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . You and/or your grandmother should speak to the police.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,033 answers this week

3,009 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,033 answers this week

3,009 attorneys answering