Im a minor and my Deffered action & work permit have been approve. how do I obtain a ssn ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lanham, MD

I'm 17 and turn 18 in 4 months. I just got approved for deffered action and received my work permit. Now I want to go apply for a ssn and get my drivers license. Unfortunately my parents are not with me. So I'm living with a close family friend. I'm wondering if I can still apply for a ssn right now. And if so what are the requirements ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Veronica Tunitsky

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Here's what social security administration has to say:

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an... more
  3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Follow this link for SS cards for DACA

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,125 answers this week

2,247 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,125 answers this week

2,247 attorneys answering