IM a man with ten kids no job ,criminal record ,can not get job and wanna know what can I do ?Is there an exemptions?

Asked about 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

Man I want a job and get my payments back to zero.I hate being a dead beat dad. Im not doing anything illegal ever again I want do it like a real man.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David Philip Shapiro


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Contact a locally experienced criminal defense attorney to see if you are eligible to get at least some, if not all, of your convictions expunged/dismissed under Penal Code section 1203.4 . That may help in your job search.

    Good Luck!

    Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555
  2. Marilynn Mika Spencer

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Congratulations on wanting to get your life back on track. You are in a tough situation, given the economy and the high rate of unemployment. Some people find it helpful to volunteer somewhere for a while, to build up a history to put on a resume or job application, and to find credible references. Also, many people go to a community college or trade school, such as a regional occupational program or similar, to get a history and potential references. It's a tough world and tough economy, and we all have to work harder these days just to survive. And yes, this applies to attorneys, too!

    *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your... more
  3. Michael Charles Doland

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Ms. Spencer expresses the correct feeling very well. I did not understand your use of the word "exemptions" but you have my best wishes in your searh.

    The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,439 answers this week

3,210 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,439 answers this week

3,210 attorneys answering