IM a man with ten kids no job ,criminal record ,can not get job and wanna know what can I do ?Is there an exemptions?

San Diego, CA |

Man I want a job and get my payments back to zero.I hate being a dead beat dad. Im not doing anything illegal ever again I want do it like a real man.

1. Congratulations on wanting to get your life back on track. You are in a tough situation, given the economy and the high rate of unemployment. Some people find it helpful to volunteer somewhere for a while, to build up a history to put on a resume or job application, and to find credible references. Also, many people go to a community college or trade school, such as a regional occupational program or similar, to get a history and potential references. It's a tough world and tough economy, and we all have to work harder these days just to survive. And yes, this applies to attorneys, too!

*** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

2. Ms. Spencer expresses the correct feeling very well. I did not understand your use of the word "exemptions" but you have my best wishes in your searh.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advise" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

3. Contact a locally experienced criminal defense attorney to see if you are eligible to get at least some, if not all, of your convictions expunged/dismissed under Penal Code section 1203.4 . That may help in your job search.

Good Luck!

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555