Im a handicap mexican ciitizen incacerated but was not deported because of program i was assigned to called isap

Asked almost 4 years ago - Riverside, CA

why is ice now deporting me after i was assigned to this program to keep from being deported while on my schedule appt ice informed me i had 14 days to be out of usa they made me sign some papers and refused to give me a copy

thank you all for sharing information , a special shout - out to both attorneys Sophia Marie Alcorn and Nicolas Andres Olano ...your input was very helpful
thank you Avvo; this is a great site
from the
" handicapped " proud mexican

1. Sophie Marie Alcorn

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . ISAP is typically a program for people who are in removal proceedings who are not being detained in jail. If you are on ISAP, you should be notified of the dates and times of your immigration court appearances.

The first step in the immigration court process is when ICE gives you a "Notice to Appear." This means you are in removal proceedings, but it is only the beginning of the process. You should contact an attorney to determine if there are ways to stay in the United States.

2. Nicolas Andres Olano

Pro

Answered . You probably have an order of removal against you. SImply ICE is not enforcing it, or better was not enforcing it until now. Contact an immigration attorney. You need to look into your convictions and into any motions to reopen. Also you want to see if you may, due to your condition, avoid the enforcement of removal by ICE.

www.olanolaw.com