Im 22, when I was 6-7 I was molested in class nearly everyday by a teacher assistant. Can I sue elementary school for neglect?

Asked about 1 year ago - Fontana, CA

Im 22, when I was 6-7 I was molested in class nearly everyday by a teacher assistant. Can I sue the elementary school for neglect? I know its been years so im not sure if I can still technically do that. Plus the old man is probably deceased by now.

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

1

Answered . The criminal and civil statutes of limitations for sexual abuse against children can be complicated to understand and apply to individual circumstances. You may want to speak with staff at RAINN. RAINN is the largest and most influential of the advocacy groups for persons who suffered sexual abuse as children and there are a lot of resources, advice, and assistance available through the organization. http://www.rainn.org/public-policy/legal-resour...