Im 21 and married and i just enlisted in the army i leave june 19 for basic training i got a simple assault(domestic) charge. i

Asked over 2 years ago - Mitchell, SD

im 21 and married and i just enlisted in the army i leave june 19 for basic training i got a simple assault(domestic) charge. i was wondering if i told the judge about the army if he would maybe consider dropping the charges because i would be discharged dishonorably without even starting also the reason i joined is i have a 5 week old daughter who i want to be able to take care of well i got the charge for pushing her after she pushed me if it makes a diff i pushed her out of my way and left the house but yeah any feed back would be great i need the military to get my life going

1. Paul DeWitt

Answered . You need an attorney.

Before you do something that will destroy your future career in the Army, you need to talk to a competent attorney that can help with your situation. You are in a precarious situation because it is a charge and not a conviction, but if you do not handle it correctly, this will be a problem. If you are assigned a public defender, you need to hire a competent attorney to resolve this matter. You will need advice on how to properly handle this with your recruiter and the Army and disclosing information on Avvo is not the way to handle this.

As you are well aware, you have reporting requirements to your recruiter on matters such as this. Furthermore, you probably applied for a security clearance (there are very few jobs in the military that do not require a clearance). This is information that is relevant to the clearance and they will find out if this is not taken care of.

I doubt you need more reasons to get an attorney.