Im 20 moved down to mexico 9 month ago, due to grandparents health.. isit possible i can fix papers been down hear?

Asked over 2 years ago - West Covina, CA

im 20 moved down to mexico 9 month ago, due to grandparents health but since its to hard to go back i didnt realy want to risk it..... isit possible i can fix papers been down hear, i studied my whole life in the U.S. kinder till High School i have my diploma i have proof that i have lived over 17 years in th U.S. i have all my shots school id's i have grades and etc of proof or do i realy have to go back to the U.S. to be able to fix?

1. Javier G Pineda

4

Answered . Unfortunately, you are not eligible for Deferred Action. One of the requirements is that you had to have been present in the United States on June 15, 2012. If your father, mother, siblings have legal status, maybe there is another way. Good luck.

2. Toni Maschler

4

1

Answered . It is not clear how much of a "fix" is possible. It sounds like if you had never left the U.S. you would qualify for the TEMPORARY relief of "deferred action, but you need to discuss this in detail with someone. The rules have not yet been released. It is not clear whether a nine-month absence would make you ineligible for deferred action, and you presumably have no legal way to return to the U.S.

3. Jennifer Lynn Bennett

4

1

Answered . You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible. You have not provided enough facts for an immigration attorney to give you proper advice here. It sounds as if you are asking about the current "Dream Act" policies. However, there may be other relief available to you or other options that would provide you with immigration benefits in the US. Only an experienced immigration attorney can help you figure that out, once all facts of your circumstances are known. The particular immigration benefit that you are applying for will determine whether it can be done while you are in the US or while you are in Mexico. Good luck!