Skip to main content

Im 19 and they still wont let me off of juvenile probation & no felonys or recent charges is that legal ? and what can i do ?

Dothan, AL |

well i have been on probation sense i was 16 and never had a felony & no recent charges. well im 19 now and they still wont leave me alone and now they are charging my mom with contributing to a minor from 3 years ago.. can they do that? what can i do ?? please help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


YOU can ask your juvenile court attorney to help you ask the court to terminate probation. Although if the court is continuing you on probation past 18 (and YES, the court can do that), I'm guessing your performance (compliance) on probation has not been good.

YOUR MOTHER should consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area to help her defend the contributing to a minor charge.

San Diego Criminal Defense Attorney--19 years experience. Law Offices of Jay S. Finnecy


You have several issues here and need to consult with an attorney. That being said you should be coming off juvenile probation depending on the circumstances. Regarding charging your mother, if I represented her I would have real problems with such a delay in prosecution and there may be Due Process implications which would subject the prosecution to a motion to dismiss.


It has often been said that "the devil is in the detail." That would certainly appear to be the case in your situation. Before anyone can advise you they will need more details. That said, do not disclose any additional information on this or any other public site. Judges have considerable discretion when it comes to probation. You should get an attorney to review your situation. The same holds true for your mother.

Responses to questions on Avvo are for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice; no attorney-client relationship is created; the information provided is not confidential; and, no obligation is created for future responses or representation. Individual circumstances vary and certain claims and/or defenses may be time barred. As such, all legal issues should be evaluated by a qualified attorney as soon as possible. No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be performed is greater than the legal services performed by other lawyers.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer