Im 18 and on juvenile probation. what rights do i have and what are all the legal terms that a p.o. and a court can have.

Asked 12 months ago - 30107

and what illegal terms are common in parents and probation that stop juvenile adults from doing as they wish within legal matters. for example: me- im going to a friends
parents- ill report it to probation and call the police if you leave my house. (note: juvenile adult lives with parent) what are my rights that may help me in this situation and similar ones?

1. Daniel Ray Partain

1

Answered . When you are on probation, you are subject to the terms of your sentence, which includes that if you move from one residence to another that you get permission from your probation officer. Moreover, if the juvenile court judge required you to reside with your parents for the duration of your sentence, then you will have to live there until your sentence ends or until you get the juvenile court judge to remove that condition.

2. Daniel Ellis Rice

Answered . Once you turn age 18, your parents legally have no control over you any more. As long as you remain on probation, you would be subject to the same terms of probation as when a under age 18, but the PO could not require you to continue to reside with and continue to follow the rules of your parents. If you change residences though, you would need to make sure the proper procedures re: notification of your PO are followed so you don't possibly get a revocation for failure to report, etc.. Good luck.