IM 17 AND I LIVE IN MEXICO BUT I AM A UNITED STATE CITIZEN,AND I HAD A PREMATURE BABY.CAN I FIX HER A PERMIT IF I GO TO RIALTO.

Rialto, CA |

HI I AM PLANNIN TO GO TO RIALTO ,CALIFORNIA NEXT MONTH BUT I CANT TAKE MY BABY IM GOIN TO SEE IF THERE IS SUM KIND OF PERMIT TO COME BACK TO MEXICO FOR HER AND PASS HER WITH ME TO FIX HER A PASPORT OR GREEN CARD BUT I WAS WONDERING IF IT WAS POSSIBLE AND WHAT WOULD I NEED CAN SOMEONE GUIDE ME ALIL AND TAKE ME ON THE RIGHT DIRECTION PLEASE , MY BABY IS A 1 YEAR OLD, WITH 6 MONTHS.

It sounds like your baby, although born premature is doing okay? Go to you nearest US embassy to register your daughter's birth.

Depending upon the facts of your situation, your daughter is likely a citizen (because you are a citizen). Click on the link below for information about citizenship despite birth abroad. This area can be complicated, so you should consider scheduling a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to determine what steps you need to take.

WELL IM LUKIN ONLINE FOR THE CLOSEST AMERICAN CONSULTATION AND I FOUND IN MAZATLAN SINALOA N WHAT CAN I LOOK UP INFORMATION ABOUT ? I NEED TO APPLY FOR HER PASSPORT OR HER VISA?

Morgan Laine Place

Morgan Laine Place

There is an Embassy in Mazatlan. Here is a link to the website with information (http://hermosillo.usconsulate.gov/mazatlan.html) Try contacting the consular agent: Consular Agent: Luis Ramírez email : ConAgencyMazatlan@state.gov It is often recommended that you apply for a passport at the same time. Passport information is available on the Embassy website as well.

If you live in Mexico you should go tot the nearest US Embassy and register your child's birth there.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Visit US embassy to report a birth, child could derive US citizenship through you.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

Recommended articles about Immigration