Im 17 and got a speeding ticket for 35 in a 20 school zone trying to get to school this is my second ticket how can i fight it?

Asked 10 months ago - Lewis Center, OH

i was late for school i came up over a hill and he clocked me at 35 apparently my speedometer is off but the reputation of the officers showing up for court i have been told are slim for them showing up for court is there anything i can do i have a busy life at the moment with school band firefighting and my EMT course can you give me advice on how to fight this?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christopher Lee Beck


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . The only hope for fighting the ticket is to hire an attorney. Most juvenile courts will suspend a persons license for a second violation. Do not bank on the officer not showing up. This is a story everyone hears but rarely happens.

    Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    1370 North Fairfield Road
    Suite C
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
    (937)426-4000 phone (24/7)

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client... more
  2. Patricia Jean Smith

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Hire an attorney who handles juvenile court matters. You may be facing a license suspension. You need to consult an attorney in your area

  3. Mark Alan Deters


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . You NEED an EXPERIENCED TRAFFIC DEFENSE ATTORNEY to help you! YES, IT IS POSSIBLE TO AVOID A SUSPENSION...MAYBE EVEN THE TICKET ITSELF...IF...You get and experienced traffic defense attorney. Call me for a recommendation in your area.

    Best regards,

    Mark A. Deters
    Attorney at Law
    1800 Lyons Rd.
    Dayton, Ohio 45458
    937-434-7100 - tel.
    937-434-4155 - fax.
    419-466-8925 - cell.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now