Im 16 with my permit i hit a tree i had 3 peoplein the car everyone is fine no injuries im charged for unlicense an hit and run

Tracy, CA |

the car lost control brakes werent working and i spuun out and hit a tree im 16 prmit no license 3friends in the car no one got injured they left home and i drove my car home cops came minutes later i was charged for hit and run and unlicensed driving what is gonna happen.

Who knows?

Get a criminal defense lawyer or a public defender.

will i not be able to get my license untill im 18 ?

You need to consult with a lawyer who handles criminal cases. Immediately.

is it that serious ? cause the cops just let me know that im supposed to stay at the accident i didnt now i dont know how its hit and run when i didnt hit any one

Alan Ray Barnes

Alan Ray Barnes

Yes, it's that serious. If you're involved in an accident, damage someone else's property, and leave the scene, you're guilty of a misdemeanor. If someone is injured, it's a felony. The fact that the police have charged you means that you need to take this very seriously. Talk to a lawyer.

the only thing that was damaged was a tree and no one was injured the police checked everyone out the Sargent cut me some slack and didnt arrest me gave me a juvinille citation for hit and run and unlicensed driver

Alan Ray Barnes

Alan Ray Barnes

You don't need to convince me, you need to convince the prosecutor and/or the judge. You have been charged with a crime. You need a criminal lawyer.

You should post this in the heading for criminal defense attorneys.

Retain a local criminal lawyer to fight it

First, get treated. Second get a mechanic to check car unless it is impounded. If it is, let you criminal lawyer handle the case. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.