Im 16 and live in kentucky and i want to move in with a friend? Is there any way i can do this without goin to court?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Manchester, KY

Im not abused its just really stressful to live here i dont have any privacy and i want to move in with my friend there mom already said its cool! I dont want any body to get in trouble! But theres a catch i recently got a charge pressed against me for a pipe? Would that affect anything? If there is any loop holes please let me know i dont know if i can take living here much longer!

1. Frank Mascagni III

7

Answered . I assume you were cited for a Paraphernalia Charge and are going to juvenile court in the District Court in your county. First thing, get a criminal defense attorney to represent you. If you can't afford one, ask the court to appoint you a public defender at the first court appearance.

Regarding moving out, you'll need your parents consent; you can petition the court for an order of Emancipation of a minor. You need to talk with an attorney in your area.

2. Clifton L Black

5

Answered . If you are able to get your parent's permission the court/probation will still want to insure that you have proper supervisor, i.e. not likely to get into more trouble. Also, make sure you get adequate representation for the charge.

3. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . Attorney Mascagni is the master of his legal universe, if he recommends that you do something, I recommend that you follow his instructions closely and without delay. He really does know his stuff.