Skip to main content

Im 16 and live in kentucky and i want to move in with a friend? Is there any way i can do this without goin to court?

Manchester, KY |
Filed under: Juvenile law

Im not abused its just really stressful to live here i dont have any privacy and i want to move in with my friend there mom already said its cool! I dont want any body to get in trouble! But theres a catch i recently got a charge pressed against me for a pipe? Would that affect anything? If there is any loop holes please let me know i dont know if i can take living here much longer!

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I assume you were cited for a Paraphernalia Charge and are going to juvenile court in the District Court in your county. First thing, get a criminal defense attorney to represent you. If you can't afford one, ask the court to appoint you a public defender at the first court appearance.

    Regarding moving out, you'll need your parents consent; you can petition the court for an order of Emancipation of a minor. You need to talk with an attorney in your area.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  2. Attorney Mascagni is the master of his legal universe, if he recommends that you do something, I recommend that you follow his instructions closely and without delay. He really does know his stuff.

  3. If you are able to get your parent's permission the court/probation will still want to insure that you have proper supervisor, i.e. not likely to get into more trouble. Also, make sure you get adequate representation for the charge.

    Marijuana is against federal law. Federal law supersedes state law. A person could be charged and convicted for marijuana related crimes such as possession, cultivation, distribution, manufacturing, transportation, and conspiracy.

Juvenile law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics