Illegal Left turn ticket??

Chicago, IL |

I was in chicago one night driving and i wanted to turn left. Some streets Have multiple turming lanes and i so happen thought i was in one. So i turn left and a cop on a bike pulled me over and wrote me a ticket. What is a defense i can use??

Traffic tickets are strict liability. They don't have to prove intent. The fact you thought you were legal does not help.

If you made a left turn from a lane that was not designated as a left turn lane, there is no defense as to that specific issue. It does not matter if you did not realize it was not a left turn lane. Maybe there is something with how the ticket was written, etc. Visit a traffic attorney and see what they have to say.

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. You should consult with an attorney immediately.

You do not have any defense. Making a mistake is not a defense.

Traffic tickets topics